I'm eating and blogging. Gotta love this.
Yesterday Q and I went to our very first prenatal care visit. I was all nervous because I knew that I would have to get a blood exam (I hate needles). But it was alright. Q was with me the whole time, and I even got a yummy low-fat strawberry smoothie out of it :) The people at LMH are very friendly and professional. Eager to help. They did a pap smear, checked my pressure & weight, and took a urine sample. We chose a main doctor for our prenatal care and delivery. Though "choosing" is a loose term because I had no information on any of them. All I wanted was for it to be a woman. lol. Anybody know where/how I can stalk my doctor? They also showed us a little video about prenatal testing. Way to make a newbie mother feel safe :(
Next Wednesday we go to LMH again, to meet our doctor and get our first sonogram. YAAY!!
After that we went to Target and did a little baby furniture window shopping. SO MANY THINGS!! OooOooh I was in heaven. Q is going to go crazy. Pobrecito. We're gonna start buying the basics soon, so that the bulk of the shopping doesn't creep up on us at the end of our pregnancy... I'm very excited ^.^ !!
Speaking of which. I am thinking of getting cloth diapers for our baby. Mom did it for us, as did my grandmother for her kids. I think it's good for the baby, for the environment, and apparently even for our pocket :) Wonder where in Juarez they sell them and if they sell that kind with the snaps or the Velcro. Maybe they're less expensive over there...

Cravings of the week: Avocado (still no good ones in sight though). Cheesy fries (Q made them for me in the oven. YUM) Smoothie (which I got yesterday during lunch before we went to the hospital) I'm so glad I'm eating again :)
2 comentarios:
Tried to do the whole cloth diaper thing. . . really did try.
If you are interested, I have a friend who has done the cloth diaper thing and she has done some research on some different companies as well. I can put you in touch with her. Q might know her, Jenny (Wyble) Breedlove. Let me know and I will send you her info on facebook! Tracey
Publicar un comentario